About us / Curriculum
The preschool program is designed to meet the needs of the whole child. The curriculum we offer includes spiritual development along with the six basic areas of early childhood development: Spiritual growth- learning that God loves and accepts each and every one of us for who we are, and learning to share that love and acceptance with others. Also enhancing spiritual development will be chapel time with the Pastor. We will also strengthen spiritual development through table time activities.
The six basic areas are:
1. Social/emotional development- learning to cooperate, share, take turns and express emotions as well as develop independent skills
2. Language development- learning to listen to others and to use language to communicate, emerging reading and writing skills.
3. Small motor development- small muscle groups of the hands involved in coloring, writing, stringing beads, cutting, and turning pages.
4. Conceptual development- concepts such as same and different, colors, sizes, shapes, introduction to numbers and letters.
5. Large motor development- large groups of muscles involved in running, skipping, swinging, and jumping, and riding trikes, bikes etc.
6. Self help skills- learning to be independent, clean up, button, and zip.
2018-2019 School Year
- First day of School: Monday, August 13th at 9:00am
- Meet the Teacher & Parent Orientation: Friday, August 10th at 10:30am
Heather Howard | Toddler Room Lead Teacher
This is Heather’s first year teaching in the Preschool!
Lauren Dix | Toddler Room Aide
Lauren has been serving in several different roles at PTC3 Preschool for the past 10 years!
K2 – K4 Rooms
Tracy Pettigrew | K2 Lead Teacher
Tracy teaches our K2 room. She has been teaching at the Preschool since 1992!
Connie Heath | K2 aide
Connie teaches in our K2 room. Connie has been teaching in the Preschool for 2 years!
Theresa Krass | K4 Lead Teacher
Theresa has been teaching at the Preschool for 4 years.
Ciara Smith | K4 aide
Ciara has been teaching at the Preschool for 4 years.